I noticed this morning that the last posting I had on here was back when I fist got my ZZR; that is a while ago now! Since then I even bought a Honda Hornet (good fun), and sold the Hornet. I do, however, still have the ZZR but she has been laid up due to problems with the valve clearances.

Turns out that after doing some shim work on the ZZR, it showed up a problem of extreme coke build up which was preventing them from closing properly – and therefore, no compression. Ho hum. Anyway, cylinder head’s been sorted, and things are slowly getting there – trying to fund it all while starting a business is proving awkward, but thanks to a good friend of mine doing the work it’s a lot easier than it would have been! Kicker at the minute is that while pulling it all apart, we found that the cam chain has stretched and needs replaced. That and a full gasket kit, and the engine should be ready to put back together.

Oh, she was also resprayed to black too!

Here’s some pics to keep you amused for now.

54075_169748276370854_100000070486783_605110_3913151_o54075_169748279704187_100000070486783_605111_3794656_o